Divorce With Dignity


Practice Areas

Contact Us

Hartford Office

2 Congress Street
Hartford, CT 06114

Hartford Law Office Map

Phone: 860-962-6448

Fax: 888-728-6645

Middletown Office

46 Washington Street
Middletown, CT 06457

Middletown Law Office Map

Phone: 860-962-6448

Fax: 888-728-6645

Connect with us


Divorce Information in Hartford, Middlesex, New Britain and Tolland Counties

Experienced in Property Division and Child Support

Divorce (or marital dissolution) opens the door to several other related legal issues. To make the best decisions, you need informative and knowledgeable legal representation.

Located in Hartford, Connecticut, the Law Offices of Robert B. Fried offers over 30 years of experience. Whether through litigation or mediation, I will design an approach that offers the best chance of successful protection of your interests. Contact me for a free initial consultation.

Educating Divorce Clients • Protecting Parental and Property Rights

  • Property division — You and your spouse’s assets and liabilities will have to be divided. The court will use a qualified domestic relations order (QDRO) to divide retirement funds. But vehicles, homes and credit card debt need to be fairly apportioned in the divorce order. Put my years of experience to your benefit in preserving your assets and interests.
  • Separation agreements — If desired, we can draft and file a separation agreement for you. Whether or not you proceed with a divorce action, a separation agreement provides a record of the separation and property division to which you have agreed.
  • Settlement agreements — If your divorce is uncontested and you and your spouse are in agreement on all or most matters, I can draft and file the settlement agreement for you. If not, I will advocate for you in court for a fair determination of property, custody and support issues.
  • Mediation and collaboration — I am trained in family law mediation and collaborative divorce. This can be a cost-effective and time-saving alternative to the traditional divorce process, when both parties are willing to cooperate.
The sooner you contact me, the sooner I can begin to help you with your divorce. I can file temporary motions regarding alimony, support and possession of homes or vehicles. Contact me for a free initial consultation with an attorney. I am open 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. weekdays and am available evenings and weekends by appointment. I accept Visa and MasterCard.