Divorce With Dignity
Call Today

Post-Divorce Modifications



Guidance Through Child Custody, Visitation and Support Modifications

Things change in people’s lives following divorce or separation and there are many reasons to come back to court — whether your children’s needs or schedules have changed as they’ve grown older, your financial situation has significantly changed or you wish to relocate with your children. We can help you through the legal steps in requesting or responding to a request for a post-judgment modification.

At the Law Offices of Robert B. Fried, we offer more than 30 years of experience in helping people through divorce, child custody and post-judgment family matters. When you come to us for help with a modification of child support, child custody and visitation (parental access), or any other family court order, you can count on us to provide individualized attention, knowledgeable advice and skilled counsel through the process. Contact the firm for a free consultation with a Hartford child custody and support modification attorney.

Seeking Fair Resolution to Modification Disputes

When a parent requests a modification of a court order, it doesn’t necessarily mean that either party is doing anything wrong. It simply means that something has changed since the time of the original family court order and now that order doesn’t fit the needs of the children and/or parents. A child custody, visitation or child support modification may be necessary due to a number of different reasons, such as:

  • One parent’s income has significantly increased or decreased
  • Extracurricular activities now impact visitation/parental access
  • Additional uncovered medical expenses are not accounted for in child support calculations
  • Day care expenses are unnecessary as the child has grown, impacting child support matters
  • One parent’s modified work schedule impacts the existing parenting schedule
  • A parent questions the child’s safety due to concerns of abuse or neglect
  • One parent wants to relocate with the child out of state

Disputes about finances or parental access can easily become contentious. We work hard to resolve modification disputes with as little emotional strain on the children involved. We are often capable of helping clients come to a workable agreement through negotiation, mediation services or collaborative law. Not only does this reduce animosity through the process, it keeps matters private. However, we are also strong advocates in the courtroom when necessary to protect your interests or the interests of your children.

Questions About Changing Child Custody or Visitation? Our Connecticut Attorney Can Help.

Whether you want to modify visitation/parental access as the needs of your children change or you need assistance with any other post-judgment modification, talk to an experienced family law attorney who will listen and who will take the time needed to help you. Contact our Hartford law firm for a free consultation with a lawyer. We are open Monday through Friday, from 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. and available evenings and weekends by appointment. We accept Visa and MasterCard.

At the Law Offices of Robert B. Fried, we represent clients in the cities of Hartford, Middletown, West Hartford, Rocky Hill, Glastonbury, Wethersfield, Simsbury, Vernon, Enfield, South Windsor, New Britain and Farmington, and in the following counties in Connecticut: Hartford, Middlesex and Tolland.
© 2024 Law Offices of Robert B. Fried. All Rights Reserved.
linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram